Friday 30 December 2016

A huge paradigm shift

Compliments of the season guys.



It's the last few days of the year and now's the time when people begin to craft out new resolutions for themselves that they hope to engage in the new year. 
Well personally, I have nothing against new year resolutions long as they are born out of deep convictions and not just routines. 

Anyways i have a suggestion to make as to what your new year resolution should include. Thats is; to break through limitations and open up to great paradigm shifts. One of these shifts would be the shift of our minds from the place of slavery to suite our independent status. 

We are a black nation who were once slaves, but not any more. Unfortunately, too many of us assumed this status of freedom only in our bodies, not in our minds;
collectively but not individually. We seem to be stuck in the mindset of slaves and it plays out in many ways than one. 
For instance; our attitude towards publicly owned property is often like- "this property belongs to the government, so i can rough handle it. Well i thought the goevrnment was you and i? A mindset that says; "this work isn't my father's so i'll only put in half my effort" like you havent heard the phrase "he who is faithful in little is faithful in much".
They say; "oh, I can't do so much because I don't have an enabling environment, I don't have an encouraging government, or great parents and all that. Some others say stuff like; "I've got to stop him, I won't let him outshine me". My brother your candle doesn't diminish by lighting another's. There's room for everyone. 

What we don't know is: as we do this, we grorify mediocrity, we display a brand of slavery not different from what we had and by so doing, we keep ourselves under. A painful trend...

Dear African child, Nigerian child, you are free, the world is as much for you to explore as it is for anyother person. There is greatness in you that must find expression and for staters, determine to be unstoppable by all noble means. Remember, success is not accidental, neither is greatness. Determine to live life deliberately in 2017 not accidentally.
Live up to your acquired freedom-status and your God-given abilities. You have the ability to do things right, don't second guess it.








I wish you a splendid and fulfilling new year.
Lots of love from Fidelia Ben-Udi

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely ma especially the part of being faithful in little. If I am responsible (found faithful) for my seemingly little life, I will have the chance to do greater things with lives in 2017.

    So in 2017, I am becoming more assertive, more responsible for my personal development.

    Thanks for this piece.

    You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mercy. I hope everyone decides to, and actually gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mercy. I hope everyone decides to, and actually gets better.

    ReplyDelete